It’s one of the most common issues right now for iPhone users. The super annoying iPhone almost full storage notification that popups up 10 times a minute on your iPhone! You know, the one that says ‘Storage Almost Full: you can manage your storage in Settings’.
Step 1: DO NOT PANIC.
First things first: Do not freak out because I have many solutions for you.
Step 2: Assess the situation.
Check your memory setting and see what’s taking up the majority of your phone’s storage. If your photos are the reason why your phone’s storage is full, I will show you some awesome apps that will free up your memory.
Step 3: Freeing up your phone’s storage by going up in the cloud.
It doesn’t matter if you have an iPhone or Android device. Photos are almost always the #1 reason why your phone is out of memory.
What can I say? People love taking photos. But they take up a lot, I mean most of our phones’ memories. Especially with the newer phones with super powerful cameras that take HDR photos.
The downside? They require a lot of memory space.
Step 4: Solutions.
And no, I’m not talking about choosing between which of thousands of your favorite photos to delete to free up your phone.
Do you still remember that I mentioned in step 3 regarding going up in the cloud? That’s the solution to your problem.
It’s a win-win situation; you get to keep your favorite photos and videos. At the same time, you get to free up your phone’s storage. Here are 5 apps that will free up your phone’s storage.
Google Photos App
- Unlimited photo storage at NO COST.
- Includes editing options, such as color adjustment, cropping, resizing and more.
- You can create albums that are allowed be shared publicly, or privately with specific Google users.
Over the years Google has enhanced its photo storage service to include a host of features that photographers will love.
However, with a free plan, your photos can’t have a resolution any more than 16 megapixels. You can store larger photos with a paid plan, which starts at $1.99 per month for 100GB.
- Unlimited photo storage needs subscription range from $5.99 per month to $41.99 per month.
- Keep original resolutions, and provide a host of photo editing tools.
- You can keep your photos behind password protection.
SmugMug not only offers you online photo storage. It essentially allows you to create your personalized webpage, make money by selling and downloading prints with its e-commerce platform.
Amazon Prime Photos App
- Unlimited photo storage needs to be a member of Amazon Prime. (Costs $99 per year and comes with a host of other benefits.)
- Family Vault: Allows up to five people to store unlimited photos together.
Amazon has become much more than an online retailer. In addition to their many business ventures, the company also offers a photo storage service.
In addition to letting users store unlimited photos, you can also use the service to order photo prints, and the costs fall between $9.99-$29.5
- Phototile® provides $28 for 3 Photo Tiles and each extra for $8.
- Unlimited storage needs to upgrade to Flickr Pro. (Costs $4.99/month for Annual Plan.)
- Keep Original Resolutions.
- Displays your pictures in an awesome photostream, making it kind of like a social network.
Flickr is quickly growing in popularity, largely because they’re willing to offer 1TB of photo storage free. Although free users will have to deal with some ads you really can’t beat that deal.
Beginning January 8, 2019, Free accounts will be limited to 1,000 photos and videos. If you need unlimited storage, you’ll need to upgrade to Flickr Pro.
- Unlimited photo storage needs to be a paid account. (Starts at $4.99 per month, also gives you other perks such as your portfolio and advanced analytics.)
- 500px applies to a photographer who likes to only keep their best images.
500px is another photo storage site that also acts as a social network. While some sites are geared towards casual users, this service is aimed at professional photographers.
It’s a great place to store photos and showcase your best work!
Turn your memorable photos into Wall Art!
Download Artiv Photo Tiles app for free to create your stunning Photo Tiles.